Step 11. 5 Foods and 5 supplements that stimulate your immune system directlyAug 27, 2020
Simple and inexpensive solutions to helping your immune system function better.
So far, you’ve heard about a variety of topics from me about the various glands, organs and systems that help protect you from pathogens and foreign invaders. This is the last of the practical or things you can do for yourself. I’ve talked about reducing the emotional stress, environmental toxins, consumed toxins, and lifestyle changes. Today I'm going to talk about foods you can ingest that will improve your immunity sometimes dramatically.
Why practical steps first rather than energy healing.
Question: Can you run faster uphill or downhill? By doing all the practical lifestyle changes to help your immune system, it’s like adjusting your personal ramp to a downhill slope. It just makes energy healing much more effective and it takes less of it to achieve your best results. For example, the results people I’ve worked with improve dramatically each time they take on a healthier lifestyle, even if it is just to meditate for ten minutes a day.
5 Foods That Actually Change Your Immune Response
These foods and supplements don't just increase the general health of your body but improve many important aspects of your immune system. As I’ve mentioned before, your immunity is found in all cells of your body. For example, the way it detects virus infected cells is that your body has an editing process that destroys the cells that are replicating in the wrong way. In order to keep up with things like cancer, colds, flus, and other virus issues is to keep your immune system supercharged. Here are some of the ways you can do it.
1. Bitter flavors - bacterial and fungal pathogens, exude a bitter flavor in flavor receptors not just on the tongue but in the esophagus, lungs, sinuses and stomach. The bitter flavors set a chain of biochemical reactions in place that supercharge the immune system. Studies have shown that those that eat bitter foods have activated immune systems and are sick less often.
These bitter foods include grapefruit, arugula, radicchio, cranberry, dandelion greens and curly kale. If you are a supertaster, meaning you are particularly sensitive to bitter flavors (2% of the population), then most green food is bitter including broccoli, most lettuces, brussel sprouts, even asparagus. You are luckier than most as your immune system is always supercharged to fight bacteria.
2. Vitamin C - You’ve heard people speak of vitamin C but you probably don’t know why. It increases production of your white blood cells. It’s better to eat the foods containing them, like strawberries, all citrus, tomatoes, bell peppers, and leafy greens, than to eat the supplements. Even better is to do both, have your vitamin C supplements with healthy produce. 1 to 2 gm a day, and those under a lot of stress need more, up to 3 gm a day, like marathon runner. https://amzn.to/3hDMajt
3. Garlic contains an organo-sulfur compound called allicin which stimulates certain immune cell types, such as macrophages, lymphocytes, natural killer (NK) cells, dendritic cells, and eosinophils. These are used to surround pathogens and help move them out of the body.
4. Ginger reduces inflammation, which is a great support to the immune system, keeps it from being on all the time and wearing out. It also reduces pain and is rich in antioxidants.
5. Curcumin or turmeric: it has many amazing properties - decreases inflammation, muscle damage, and preliminary findings show it to be an immune booster and antiviral.
5 Supplements That Support Your Immune System
- Vitamin D - essential to pathogen fighting effects of monocytes and macrophages - white blood cells - decreases inflammation. Need 20 minutes of sunlight a day on your skin, more if you are above or below the 35th parallel. The only natural supplement is fish liver oil. 1000 to 4000 IU per day https://amzn.to/3jpGv13
- Zinc, needed for immune cell development and communication and plays an important role in inflammatory response about 30 mg a day for most. (for example https://amzn.to/32AAyaR)
- Elderberry extract shows antibacterial and antiviral properties, A review of 4 randomized control studies in 180 people found that elderberry supplements significantly reduced upper respiratory symptoms caused by viral infections https://amzn.to/2QuYoyT
- Selenium: enhances antiviral defense against flu strains. for most people up to 55 mcg daily. Foods include brazil and walnuts, fresh and saltwater fish, beef and poultry https://amzn.to/31x8K7L or https://amzn.to/2CC0xli for full spectrum of minerals
- Licorice contains many substances, including glycyrrhizin, that may help protect against viral infections. According to test-tube research, glycyrrhizin exhibits antiviral activity against severe acute respiratory-syndrome-related coronavirus (SARS-CoV) Too much can raise blood pressure and be toxic. I find licorice tea helpful for sore throats and helps fend off things before they arrive. https://amzn.to/2YFMZ3H
Next time, I’m going to talk about the way you can supercharge the energy of your cells as in energy healing. These are things you can do yourself and for your children and other family members. You all have the equipment!
Timeline in the video
- 4:00 1. What flavor in produce wakes up your immune defenses?
- 8:33 2. Why foods high in vitamin C?
- 10:29 3. Which strong sulfur containing bulb is it?
- 12:23 4. Which common Asian flavoring promotes immunity?
- 13:41 5. Which common Indian spice boosts your body?
- 14:53 6. Which vitamin is most often deficient?
- 18:07 7. Which mineral boosts immunity?
- 18:48 8. Which berry extract does amazing things for immunity?
- 20:19 9. Which rare mineral enhances antiviral defense?
- 21:35 10. Which common candy flavoring fights off disease?
Wake UP Your Brain in 11 Minutes.
Do you wonder why you feel all fuzzy brained and unclear in the mornings? You may even wake up dizzy and tired. This brief healing audio does all the morning hygiene for you to help reach your most creative and energy self quickly.