Step 7 on boosting your immune system: improving function and health of your liver.Jul 19, 2020
Boost your immune system: improving function and health of your liver. Help from lifestyle, diet and supplements. https://scientifichealer.com/emotional for free powerful healing audio
Recently, you’ve been hearing about straightforward ways to improve your immune system. You learned your immune system is in your whole body and you also learned various ways to detox, what skin toxins to avoid, where to find them. You have also heard that some foods often advertised as healthy should be avoided.
In the last two broadcasts, you’ve learned ways to protect and heal your adrenal glands. These glands can send your nervous into the sympathetic mode which is the reactive, flight or flight, sending out stress hormones that tear down your body. In this state, your body is difficult to heal. You can also move into the parasympathetic or healing state by various techniques, visualization, hypnosis, meditation, in a power stance, or dissipating your nervous energy with movement, for example.
Last time, you heard about lifestyle and nutritional support for your adrenal glands.
Today's broadcast is on your liver, one of your most important organs.
The liver is your second largest organ after your skin, it weighs 3 lbs and goes across your lower rib cage, larger on the right than left. It is a very unusual organ because it can completely recover from removal of 2/3 of it. If you have 1/3 of a healthy liver, it will regrow.
It is the only organ of its kind in that it has approximately 500 known functions in the body.
Here are a few common ones:
- Production of bile, which helps carry away waste and break down fats in the small intestine during digestion
- Production of certain proteins for blood plasma
- Production of cholesterol and special proteins to help carry fats through the body
- Conversion of excess glucose into glycogen for storage (glycogen can later be converted back to glucose for energy) and to balance and make glucose as needed
- Regulation of blood levels of amino acids, which form the building blocks of proteins
- Processing of hemoglobin for use of its iron content (the liver stores iron)
- Conversion of poisonous ammonia to urea (urea is an end product of protein metabolism and is excreted in the urine)
- Clearing the blood of drugs and other poisonous substances
- Regulating blood clotting
- Resisting infections by making immune factors and removing bacteria from the bloodstream
- Clearance of bilirubin, also from red blood cells. If there is an accumulation of bilirubin, the skin and eyes turn yellow.
When the liver has broken down harmful substances, its by-products are excreted into the bile or blood. Bile by-products enter the intestine and leave the body in the form of feces. Blood by-products are filtered out by the kidneys, and leave the body in the form of urine.
As I mentioned in a previous broadcast, the liver is damaged by excess consumption of alcohol, leading to cirrhosis of the liver, which is basically a cooking of the liver from the inside out. Some people suffer non-alcoholic liver disease and those tend to suffer more with alcohol, toxin and drug consumption.
In summary, the liver is one of your most important organs in your body for your immune system. It brings energy and oxygen to your body, it clears out inflammation, and purifies the blood of chemicals and toxic metabolic products such as urea so your body can remain healthy and functioning well.
What is the best way to take care of your liver?
First, eliminate ingestion of toxic stuff. Anything that is not a food, even if it is deemed okay by the FDA, taxes the liver.
This includes alcohol, medications, fillers, artificial flavors and colors and sweeteners, pesticides, antibiotics included in animal products or milk, recreational drugs, and even GMO foods that were not in the food supply before they were developed.
Change your mediation only in partnership with your doctor or find a naturopathic or functional medicine doctor that can help with that.
Above are the obvious toxins that tax the liver.
Basically it means eat organic as much as possible and stop ingesting things that aren’t food, like GMO.
Remember, you vote with your wallet. The more we buy organic food and the less we buy conventional, the more farmers will grow better food and it will become more affordable. From the time I started eating organic 30 years ago to now, the price differential has come down a lot. Going to a lot of the local grocery stores, you’ll find organic food now in all of them whereas it was rare and very expensive before.
You can learn more about clean food at reputable websites:
Check out the organization ewg.org where you can find clean, organic, non-gmo foods as well as the dirty dozen (foods with high pesticide content) and the clean fifteen (conventional foods with low pesticide content). Remember, washing your pesticide laden food only gets the chemicals off, but not the low vibrational poison or death energy off completely. Better organic than not.
- Sweet corn
- Sweet peas (frozen)
- Honeydew melon
Some foods and supplements are particularly healing and restorative to the liver. Here are four of these foods:
1. Blueberries and cranberries both contain anthocyanins, antioxidants that give berries their distinctive colors. Blueberries helped increase immune cell response and antioxidant enzymes Another experiment found that the types of antioxidants found commonly in berries slowed the development of lesions and fibrosis, the development of scar tissue, in the livers of rats. What’s more, blueberry extract has even been shown to inhibit the growth of human liver cancer cells in test-tube studies.
2. Red and purple grape:The most famous one is resveratrol, benefits: including lowering inflammation, preventing damage and increasing antioxidant levels
3. Beetroot juice is a source of nitrates and antioxidants called betalains, which may benefit heart health and reduce oxidative damage and inflammation Several rat studies have shown that beetroot juice reduces oxidative damage and inflammation in the liver, as well as increases natural detoxification enzymes
4. Cruciferous vegetables like Brussels sprouts, broccoli and mustard greens are known for their high fiber content and distinctive taste. They are also high in beneficial plant compounds.
Animal studies have shown Brussels sprouts and broccoli, even cooked, sprout extract increase levels of detoxification enzymes and protect the liver from damage A recent study in men with fatty liver found that broccoli sprout extract, which is high in beneficial plant compounds, improved liver enzyme levels and decreased oxidative stress The same study found that the broccoli sprout extract prevented liver failure in rats.
Bonus: Olive oil is considered a healthy fat including positive effects on heart and metabolic health. One small study in 11 people with NAFLD (non-alcoholic fatty liver disease) found that consuming one teaspoon (6.5 ml) of olive oil per day improved liver enzyme and fat levels. This led to raised levels of a protein associated with positive metabolic effects, resulting in less fat accumulation, improved insulin sensitivity (meaning type 2 diabetes improvement), and better blood flow in the liver.
Fat accumulation in the liver is part of the first stage of liver disease. Therefore, olive oil’s positive effects on liver fat, as well as other aspects of health, make it a valuable part of a healthy diet.
Three top liver supplements for improving liver function
1. Milk thistle reduces and reverses damage cause by free radicals and toxins, contains silymarin, a flavonoid mixture with great anti-oxidative properties.
2. Artichoke extract Two antioxidants found in artichokes, cynarin and silymarin, have been shown to improve the overall health of the liver by reducing the presence of toxins and facilitating their elimination from the liver and the body.
3. Turmeric The antioxidant effect of turmeric appears to be so powerful that it may stop your liver from being damaged by toxins. This could be good news for people who take strong drugs for diabetes or other health conditions that might hurt their liver with long-term use.
To get your free 14 minute powerful energy healing (and emotional clearing) audio, go to https://scientifichealer.com/emotional for a more restful sleep and a fast track to reaching the healing parasympathetic state.
Timeline of the video,
Wake UP Your Brain in 11 Minutes.
Do you wonder why you feel all fuzzy brained and unclear in the mornings? You may even wake up dizzy and tired. This brief healing audio does all the morning hygiene for you to help reach your most creative and energy self quickly.