Boosting your immunity step 9- the care and nurturing of your skin, your largest organAug 04, 2020
Emotional and physical care of your skin is important protection to you and your longevity. https://scientifichealer.com/wakeupbrain
What is your skin?
Your skin is the largest organ of your body. It is your connection to the outside world, tactically, emotionally, and spiritually. It is also a major protection to that world. It keeps bacteria out and most other compounds except small molecules like water or solvents like acetone.
There are things you should be careful of what you put on your skin as I mentioned before in avoiding skin toxins like methylparabens or sodium lauryl sulfate.
Functions of the skin
Your skin is the primary protection that keeps germs out of your body and just below the surface, your white blood cells fend off the germs. It also expresses impurities through sweat, so is a major detoxing organ.
Sweat serves to cool the body. You need to evaporatively cool your body due to metabolism, either through your respiration or through perspiration. You can perspire up to 8 quarts of water per day, depending on the temperature and amount of activity.
If you did not sweat or exhale moisture, your body temperature would raise by about 25 degrees F in one day! It’s that important for keeping you cool.
Structure of the skin
There are three main layers of the skin:
- The epidermis is the sealed outer covering, a waterproof barrier and creates our skin tone with melanin.
- The dermis contains the tough connective tissue, hair follicles and sweat glands. Collagen is the most abundant protein in the skin, comprising 75 to 80% of the organ.
- The deeper subcutaneous tissues, also called hypodermis, is made of fat and connective tissues. It’s where most of your excess fat resides. Considering this, adding excess fat could mean that you are building a protective layer for yourself to the outside world.
The layers of the skin are subdivided into further layers but for the intents and purposes of understanding the skin, three layers are enough.
Today, I’m going to take about other ways to care for your skin. You probably didn’t realize how complex it is, like many of your other systems in your body. It reflects what is going on inside the body emotionally, physically and spiritually.
It needs to function well for you to be healthy. It also should look good : If your skin is sallow, lacking moisture, vitality, have dark circles under your eyes, or are prematurely wrinkled, then you can imagine that there are problems on the inside of your body.
Skin expresses emotions
Skin Expresses emotion detectable by others through pallor, coldness, “goose bumps”, redness, warmth, or sweating.
In fact, there has been scientific (psychologic) evidence of how your skin disorders reflect the emotional and spiritual position of the person suffering them. Persons with visible skin disorders have often been stigmatized or treated as outcasts. Or those suffering them have taken themselves out of contact with others from shame or embarrassment.
One of the themes that comes up often with those afflicted with skin issues is whether you are congruent with yourself. Do you have an inner conflict, do you want something but are unwilling to take the steps to do it. So each day, you take yourself out in some way. This will reflect in your skin.
This emotional connection to being hyper-vigilant and skin problems are a way of saying you are fearful of contact of some sort. This is a direction to go when thinking about your skin issues. Ask yourself: Who or what do you want to keep from you, contacting you in some way. Who are you wanting to repel? Do you want to isolate yourself for some reason?
Other emotional-skin connections
Hives, flushing, and loss of color are indications of emotional changes. Stress, anxiety, depression, and other strong emotions can contribute to a large variety of your skin issues, including acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, alopecia, and vitiligo. The skin and central nervous system are intertwined.
Stressed people produce more oily discharge that contribute to clogged pores and aggravate acne. Stress can increase inflammation which can worsen eczema and trigger cold sores. One study showed that 45% of patients with psoriasis had anxiety and many were experiencing stressful life events.
The stress causes elevated levels of adrenal hormones, which disappear when the body enters the parasympathetic state. Meditation and altered states of consciousness are of enormous help and moving your skin to the healing state.
For emotional and spiritual issues of the skin, meditation is known to really help improve and even heal the skin condition. It alters the brain chemistry and moves you into a healing state. The state in which you are hyper-vigilant or basically with your adrenal glands activated all the time.
Your skin signals to what’s happening on the inside physically.
Each skin symptom tell you something about what’s happening inside.
- Dark circles might indicate a blood sugar imbalance;
- sallowness a lack of the proper nutrients or ingesting unhealthy compounds like drugs, alcohol or cigarette smoke;
- premature wrinkles a lack of nutrients, too much sun or too much stress (think botox).
If your skin looks terrible for your age, imagine that this is also happening on the inside, to the surfaces of all your internal organs and glands. If you smoked for many years, not only will your skin be unduly wrinkled, sallow, and prematurely aged, so will your lungs, stomach, liver, etc.
Four tips for caring for your skin to look good and function well:
- Physical processes. Sleep and exercise (which helps your body sweat out toxins).
- These foods are particularly helpful for improving skin health.
- Leafy dark greens (kale, spinach, collards): vitamins A, C, and E; omega-3s; protein -- plus selenium in spinach
- Eggs: protein, vitamins A and E, selenium, zinc
- Flaxseeds: omega-3s, selenium
- Legumes (lentils, chickpeas): protein, zinc
- Avocados: healthy fats, vitamins C and E
- Extra virgin olive oil: healthy fats, vitamin E
- Supplements that help the skin: Drinking a lot of water, which will plump the skin and hydrate it, include eating extra collagen with hyaluronic acid. Good supplements include antioxidants such as Vitamin C. Other supplements are: Vitamins A, B, and E, zinc, fatty acids, evening primrose oil, tulsi (basil) and turmeric.
- Meditation for moving into the parasympathetic state. Often a skin healing will make you look several years younger right away because it is energized, getting fed by the blood circulating through it at a higher rate, you get relaxed, and the stress is released from your facial muscles. I call it energetic botox.
I hope this was very helpful today because no one wants to look older, instead want to look younger. It is not a matter of vanity, it is a matter of good health, detoxing and protection.
Please connect with me at https://scientifichealer.com/appointment to find out more about programs that can help you take care of your whole health. How you can get shocked looks when you tell them how old you are and have people decades younger ask you out on dates, if you really wanted that. These are actually some of my top anti aging tricks, those that I’ve mentioned in the last few days.
Don’t forget to get my free wake up your brain meditation at https://scientifichealer.com/wakeupbrain to help give your skin that smooth unworried look….
Timeline to video
- 0:59 your connection to the outside world
- 1:27 Your major protection
- 2:56 Skin’s major functions
- 7:56 Skin’s layers
- 8:42 Care and feeding of your skin
- 14:27 Step 1 for skin care: get calm
- 15:01 https://scientifichealer.com/wakeupbrain
- 15:26 Step 2 for healthy skin: 4 tips
- 16:35 1. Sleep and exercise
- 17:35 2. Skin nourishing foods
- 19:47 3. Supplements and water
- 21:11 4. Move to parasympathetic state
- 21:56 Summary of 4 tips
Wake UP Your Brain in 11 Minutes.
Do you wonder why you feel all fuzzy brained and unclear in the mornings? You may even wake up dizzy and tired. This brief healing audio does all the morning hygiene for you to help reach your most creative and energy self quickly.