Step 3 for Boosting Immunity: Two important tips on taking care of your skin to improve your resilienceJul 02, 2020
Today’s hot tips include being wary of ingredients found in water and your common skin care products. You might not be aware of how harmful these things can be. By themselves, once in a while, it shouldn’t pose a problem. However, the effects are cumulative and your water, shampoos/conditioners, moisturizers, lipsticks, sunblock, and even your soap bars contain ingredients you’ll hear about today. https://scientifichealer.com/appointment
On the first day You heard about the complexity of your immune system. It’s not just one gland organ or system but incorporates the whole body. One way to improve its function quickly is to start a detox process on the body. On the first day, we talked about drinking plenty of water.
On the second day, we talked about clearing out three of the worst toxins people ingest.
Those included smoking, drinking alcohol, and cutting down on sugar consumption. This helps unburden your immune reactions by helping the liver, brain, lungs, including oxygen consumption.
Today I’m going to talk about your toxic environment. There are several ways toxins show up in your home and outdoor environment. Today, you’ll hear about some of the most important ones.
The first environmental toxin affects your thyroid.
Your thyroid drives your metabolism. The faster your metabolism, the faster it can react to an outside threat. It is well known that those with a compromised metabolism through thyroid dysfunction get sick more often. Thyroid disease is rampant in this country. Thyroid hormone is one of the most prescribed medication in the usa, reaching nearly 120 million prescriptions. If you consider that our population is about 330 million, this means that a great proportion of Americans are thyroid deficient.
If you include those that are subclinical (an even larger number of people), too many people suffer hypertension, high cholesterol, dry skin, muscle weakness, and are more prone to infection. My year of severe thyroid suppression, I was in bed with infections and illness more than I was upright whereas in the prior 20 years, I barely had a sniffle.
A deficient thyroid compromises your immune system in a big way.
Here’s one of the major and less known ways the thyroid is affected: the chlorination of your water. It’s not as much of an issue if you drink it; it is much more damaging when you shower with it. The shower water is atomized and the chlorine goes right into your lungs into your bloodstream. It has the same electronic configuration as iodine, one of the main chemicals in your thyroid hormone. Chlorine can substitute for iodine,disrupting your metabolism.
What to do about this? You could get a whole house filter system to take out the impurities in water. That’s very expensive.
The simple solution is to put a $20 to $25 in-line chlorine filter on your shower head. It totally changes the odor in your shower. It suppresses the chlorine and protects your thyroid.
The second set of toxins are additives, perfumes and preservatives in skin products.
They disrupt your hormones, in other words, how your body reacts to outside pathogens. Links to healthy products at the end of this section:
1. The first is parabens. They are found in shampoos, moisturizers, liquid hand soaps, make up, for example. It is essentially a cheap preservative in nearly 60% of all cosmetic products.
It is absorbed through your skin and accumulates in your body. They are estrogenic and disrupts hormonal balances. Tenuous links have been made between parabens and breast cancer have been made, thus one of the many ways parabens compromise your health.
There are other alternatives include antioxidant oils, vitamin E, rosemary extract, even sodium benzoate. Look for organic shampoos, make up, and moisturizers without parabens. See list at end of this article.
2. The next is fragrances: they are in 50% of the cosmetic processes. Fragrances are trademarked secrets so are not subject to the same disclosure laws as others. Research into these fragrances have found that a great percentage of them have harmful ingredients in them. The FDA found fragrances were responsible for up to 30% of all allergic reactions to cosmetic products. Allergens are one of the ways your immune system is inflamed or rather sends your body into inflammation. As soon as your body is inflamed, your immune system is compromised.
Healthier alternatives are fragrance free or high quality essential oils, which are natural. Essential oils such as thyme, rosemary, lavender, citrus.
3. Triclosan is commonly used as a preservative in skin care products. It’s also in a lot of hand sanitizers as it has antibacterial properties. It has shown to be a hormone disruptor and leads to allergic reactions of the skin and eyes. Another problem with this as an antibacterial is that it kills bacteria indiscriminately, good and bad. It doesn’t improve any benefit over washing with soap and water.
There’s some evidence that use of triclosan can lead to growth of superbugs. It can also build up in your fat cells and can be detected in breast milk, blood, and urine.
4. Sodium lauryl sulfate or SLS is found in foaming products like shampoo and soaps. Its purpose is to make bubbles and a smooth feel to the product. It is one of the most sensitizing ingredients in skin care products. Its impurities also affect you, especially your kidneys and liver.
Alternatives: The alternatives to sodium lauryl sulphate would be
- Ingredients that contain vitamin E
- Ingredients with antiseptic properties
- Anti-inflammatory ingredients
- Those high in allantoin
- Hydrolyzed wheat benzoic acid
- Benzyl benzoate
5. Other dangerous compounds are
-Pthalates, This ingredient makes cosmetics flexible and less prone to breaking. Also called a plasticiser, many skincare products and cosmetics contain phthalates to keep them soft and pliable.
Phthalates may disrupt hormones, especially in men and children. It could also possibly cause adverse effects on the reproductive system. It has an association with many health issues, such as diabetes, ADHD and even cancer.
If you want to avoid these chemicals, it’s not easy. Manufacturers aren’t required to list the specific chemicals that make up fragrances, and those fragrances can often contain phthalates, which help make smells last longer.
Look out for: Phthalate, DEP, DBP, DEHP, fragrance.
Alternatives to phthalates:
- Diethyl Phthalate (CAS 84-66-2) which is useful as a solvent and a fixative in fragrances as the alternative to diethyl phthalate in personal care products.
- Di Propylene Glycol is an excellent, inexpensive and odourless alternative. It is a better solvent than propylene glycol.
- Isopropyl Myristate also represents a well-known option.
- Benzyl Benzoate
-Petrolatum (mineral oil, paraffin wax, benzene and names that end in “eth”) as emollients like lip balms and moisturizers.
-Coal tar - Makes your lipstick and other colors more vibrant. It is carcinogenic and can cause acne and allergic breakouts. Look out for: FD&C or D&C, chemical colours ( BLUE 1, GREEN 3, etc.).
-Formaldehyde used as an antibacterial preservative. Look out: Like formaldehyde, formaldehyde-releasing preservatives are also known allergens and sensitizers. The commonly used formaldehyde-releasers to avoid are:
- Imidazolidinyl urea
- Diazolidinyl urea
- DMDM hydration
- Sodium hydroxymethylglycinate
Look out for ingredient names that end with Formaldehyde, formalin, bromopol, or glyoxal.
There are other products to worry about like bleach, cleaners, paints, plastics, and so forth. You will be hearing more about these in the coming weeks.
I hope this has opened your eyes to dangers in the most innocuous places where interference of your immune system can happen without you being aware there was a danger in the first place. All those brand name products you’ve been using could be affecting you. It’s just chipping away at your health a little at a time.
Healthy alternatives to make up and shampoos.
- Loma shampoo: https://amzn.to/2CNTDwL
- Giovanni shampoo https://amzn.to/3dP8lQS
- Pacifica clean make up: https://amzn.to/38dwZK0
Avalon Organics is a popular brand found in local pharmacies and natural food markets: Here are two products that work well for me:
- Package of six aromatherapy Pursonic Oils: https://amzn.to/31DJxJg
- Package of 6 floral oils for fragrances by ESSLUX: https://amzn.to/38lmLr1
Look for the following on Amazon for your needs like Pacifica safe make up or organic make up in general.
To discover more on how you can heal yourself, speak to me https://scientifichealer.com/appointment.
Timeline on video:
- 4:00 1, Fast tip to boost metabolism/thyroid.
- 9:16 2. What you put on your skin
- 15:54 Answering Question on vaccinations.
Wake UP Your Brain in 11 Minutes.
Do you wonder why you feel all fuzzy brained and unclear in the mornings? You may even wake up dizzy and tired. This brief healing audio does all the morning hygiene for you to help reach your most creative and energy self quickly.